Gartmore Investment Ltd
|Gartmore Investment Ltd|
|Based in||London, Exeter, Devon|
|Active in||Indonesia, West Papua, Sierra Leone, former USSR, Australia|
|Targeted||base metals, precious metals|
Gartmore Investment Ltd, the UK fund manager associated with private equity group Hellman Fried, and Barclays Global Investment (qv) has 7% of Firestone Diamonds PLC [Hemscott 16 August 2009]. It has held (or holds):
- small stakes in CVRD-Inco (now known as Vale) and Freeport McMoran [Observer 20 April 2007];
- 4.38% of Ormonde Mining PLC (see JP Morgan Fleming) [Hemscott 13 February 2008]; and
- 4.20% of Caledon Resources PLC [Hemscott 20 February 2008];
- 6.02% of Aurum Mining PLC [Hemscott 24 January 2008];
- 4.42% of Avocet Mining PLC (see Elliott Associates LP) [Hemscott 14 February 2009].
Gartmore Global Trust PLC, as of 31 July 2008, held £2.3 million in Vale, and £1.3 in Rio Tinto. By January 2010, the stake in Vale remained at roughly the same in value; that in Rio Tinto increased to £1,615,000, and the Trust also had shares worth £3,118,000 in Freeport McMoran Copper and Gold - the huge US mining company that has a 40% exploration and production agreement with Rio Tinto in Indonesia-controlled West Papua.
Gartmore Growth Opportunities plc, as of June 30 2008, held minor equity in Avocet Mining and Firestone Diamonds.
By 31 March 2010, Gartmore Irish Growth Fund PLC held £87,000 in Galantas Gold.