From Money to Metal
Tracking Global Mining Deals
Launched in late 2007, “From Money to Metals” gathers together disparate data on institutions (both commercial and private) which aim to profit from mineral extraction and processing. The database examines the background, investment and management strategies of over 700 banks, private funders, insurance companies, hedge funds and private equity firms, as well as some individuals, that have provided financial stimulus to numerous mining companies.
- For an analysis of recent developments relating to mining finance, please read the Introduction
- For a summary of mining industry developments in the years leading upto the 2008 financial crash, see Mining the Money.
- The Glossary helps explain technical terms, abbreviations and acronyms used in the main text.
- To find sources of the information relied upon, see Sources.
- To help you in a more structured information search, you can also look in Categories and Search.
- And, if you want to see the latest updates, use the list of recent changes.
Additional information can be found on our blog: http://mining.boellblog.org/
Inviting your collaboration
If you find this document helpful, please feel free to contribute further data (including corrections and updates) in order to increase its usefulness.
More detail on allegations made against the referenced mining and mineral companies can be found on the Mines and Communities (MAC) website:
Also, please go to the “MONEY” page at the same site, to view further critical information about some of the funders listed in the “From Money to Metals” data base:
You are warmly welcomed to notify MAC of any further violations that come to your notice, by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright in this paper is held by Nostromo Research, London; first rights to publication are with the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung, Germany. The content may be freely reproduced, with full acknowledgment to Nostromo Research, the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung, and to sources quoted. Contact Nostromo Research at email@example.com