Capital Research and Management
|Capital Research and Management|
|Based in||Los Angeles|
|Active in||Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands|
Capital Research and Management, part of the Capital Group Companies:
- was the second largest shareholder in Xstrata PLC in 2009 (at 4.39%) (see Glencore) [Hemscott 16 August 2009]
- was the second largest single shareholder in Lonrho Plc (10.91%)in 2008 (However, combined with a separate stake by Capital International, the group’s holding in Lonrho came to 14.93% making it the company’s leading shareholder [Hemscott 16 August 2009]).
- was the third biggest stakeholder (8.26%) in Kenmare Resources PLC, the same year (see State Street) [Hemscott 12 February 2008]
- held 3.11% of Caledon Resources PLC in 2008 [Hemscott 20 February 2008]
- had 3.47% of POSCO (as of December 2007)
- owned 5.53% of Polo Resources Ltd as of March 2008 [Polo Resources website, 17 March 2008]
- holds 3.28% of Camec (see Capital Group Companies, supra).
Capital Research Global Investors is the fifth biggest investor in Allied Gold plc, active in the Somon Islands and Papua New Guinea [see M&G Investment Management Ltd).